The PRESSCON expansion systems are classified in two basis categories:
- Horizontal storage tanks (HORNIT systems).
- Vertical storage tanks (VERNIT systems).
The safety goals of a PRESSCON expansion system are:
- The prevention of corrosion / oxidation.
- Keeping pressure on the heating or cooling system.
- Monitoring of the water level.
Operation / purpose of the expansion system
Our expansion system uses nitrogen for pressurising/blanketing purposes so that the buffer tanks, expansion tanks and the entire cooling system are protected against corrosion, oxidation or explosion hazard.
Essentially the PRESSCON expansion system is there to safeguard the inner-workings of your large scale cooling installation and to increase its production life.
The nitrogen that is used is produced with our proprietary HPSA (High Performance Pressure Swing Absorption) nitrogen generator.
The HPSA nitrogen generators are designed and built in our own production facility in Honselersdijk, the Netherlands, and are the most energy efficient on-site nitrogen extraction units available in the market.
Because of their unmatched energy efficiency, high reliability and long work life span, the PRESSCON on-site nitrogen production units arguably offer both the lowest total cost of ownership in the market as well as the highest return on investment.
The expansion systems can be applied in two different ways.
- The VERNIT systems provide the regulation of the pressure of the nitrogen blanket and the monitoring of the water level in the vertical heat storage tank. Also, it can, if desired, regulate the water level.
- The HORNIT systems provide the regulation of the total system pressure and the monitoring of the water level in the horizontal heat storage tank.
We are also the supplier of the entire range of IMI (Pneumatex) and Reflex automatic expansion systems.
Advice and custom solutions
All our products are designed, built and tested in our own factory in Honselersdijk and are characterised by innovation, efficiency and quality.
With both design and production being done in-house, our organisation and products have a high level of flexibility.
This enables us to build and deliver custom installations for the specific challenges and requirements of each project, that go beyond our standardised product line-up.
We offer various maintenance models on the basis of an hourly rate or in the form of a maintenance contract, both within the Netherlands and internationally.
We’ve strived to constantly perfect our product design, in order to simplify maintenance operations and we also provide thorough documentation and trainings for customers that wish to do maintenance themselves.
With our 24/7 service department, we support our customers day and night in case of malfunctions.